You can use the Rules Engine to change an SKU, based on the status of an order. This will prevent inventory returning to your accounting solution. We recommend mapping to a non-inventory part.
How should I prepare?
Create a non-inventory item in your accounting solution. Apply the appropriate income accounts.
How do I add the rule?
Your website SKU should match your Cloud Cart Solutions item name. In this example, we will match all SKU's to the Sage Intacct item.
item name ABC. Here are the steps:
- Login to our software.
- Hover over the gear box and click Rules Engine.
- Click add new rule.
- Add a rule like this one:
- Click advanced rules engine.
- Click edit map to.
- Select order, instead of order detail.
- Click submit.
How do I set-up a product?
In Sage Intacct, go to your products and services list. Add a new non-inventory item and a refund account:
How do I map discounts and shipping to a refund account?
You must use separate line items for shipping and discounts. If you're using the Sage Intacct shipping and discount fields, you must turn them off:
- Login to Cloud Cart Solutionst.
- Click configure.
- Click the advanced tab.
- Uncheck use Sage Intacct shipping and use Sage Intacct discount.
- Click submit.
Next, add the rules:
- Login to Cloud Cart Solutions.
- Hover over the gear and click rules engine.
- Add this rule to map shipping.
- Add this rule to map discounts.
Once you add the rules, log into Sage Intacct. Create new products for shipping and discounts. Like the refunds product we created, change the income account to refunds-allowances.